Thursday 19 January 2012

Mercenary Sneak Preview

Below is a little teaser taken from the Prologue of my novel Mercenary. Please comment and let me know what you think.


Back at the Inn Robert was already upstairs in his room. He began to pace up and down, the uneven floorboards creaked beneath him. What shall I do?  They know I was there, they know what I saw and they know where to find me, they’re watching me!
He knew now that his life was in jeopardy. He had been found out. But he was so close to the end. His final pieces of information he had intended to give to Henry were written on a piece of paper that lay on the table in the far corner of the room.
He knew that with what lay written on that paper, could earn him a reward big enough to set him and his son up for life. But in the wrong hands it could be his own death warrant.
Robert froze. It dawned on him he could be about to die. He had to deliver this letter at all costs. It would be his final mission.
Robert gave the paper one last look of utter despair and read the words he had etched there only hours before.

No comments:

Post a Comment